I was trying out Semiologic WYSIWYG plugin. It doesn’t take so much of my time to install in my blog. I realized that this plugin help me so much in writing and editing on the blog post.
You can see the default wordpress editor here:
As you compare to this very much powerful wysiwyg plugin here:
Below are the significant improvements I discovered on using this plugin:
- Video post – previously I need to turn off the rich text editor to insert the youtube or google video but now, I have no longer to repeat these steps. I can post directly from my new rich text editor.
- Full screen editor – the default wordpress editor can’t do this. Most of the time, I have to copy out the whole contents and edit in my dreamweaver. Right now I can do it from my rich text editor.
- Insert Image – Sometimes I like to include boarder and space for the picture, right now I can do it so much easier.
- Paragraph format – inserting H1, H2 or normal text and different sized for different headlines and blog contents no longer a challenge job for me in the new editor.
What I like to use more in the coming posting:
- Create button & bullet form – To create more creative post style instead of the plain text post.
- Strikethrough, superscript, subscript – You can create post like
cancel, formula or scientific terms such as mc2, O2 easily.
- Insert smiley & special character – Another 2 features that help the post look so much interactive. ?
- Change text & background color – It helps me to highlight certain words or background easily.
- Spell check – this one is a must for blogging. You don’t want your readers left comments to you and tell you that there is a spell check error, do you? Unless you want to create more comments intentionally.
However, I suggest you take a look of the total Semiologic pro package before purchase this as there are a lot more good features from this package, including:
- Ad Spaces
- Contact Form
- Newsletter manager
- Etc …