The other day my blogging coaching student want to find out how to insert YouTube video code into blog post. I thought I can put up a simple tutorials on how to insert the code without installing any video plugin.
The instruction to insert video is as below:
1. Search for the video that you want to insert from YouTube.
2. Copy the given embedded code.
3. Open up your notepad and paste the code (you can skip this step if you are familiar with copy and paste mechanism).
4. Open your Window Live Writer and create a new post / page for posting.
5. Prepare your blog content.
6. To insert video code correctly, you need to figure out the right location to insert the video. For easy inserting, you can label as "video 1" and "video 2" (In this case I insert 2 videos in the post).
7. Next, switch to "HTML Code" view.
8. Locate for the "video 1" and "video 2" label, it will look like this:
9. Replace the "video 1" and "video 2" with the embedded code from notepad (You must insert the video code from "Code" view).
10. Switch back to "Normal" view once it is done. You will be able to see the video in the post by now.
11. Click on the play button in the post to make sure it is working.
12. Save Draft.
That’s all, you are done and you can see the video is posted in your blog by now.